Thursday, July 3, 2008

Lessons learned is a continual thing

One thing that was really hard about this trip was a risk that I was challenged to make during the first month of my DTS I had to break off all ties with my boyfriend. He had been that safe place for me to turn to when situations were hard. God wnated to and continues to teach me how i can run to Him in my times of trouble and not to anyone or anything else.

In seeking out God more during my DTS, I learned more of who God is, and who I am in Him. I learned more of His character, his faithfulness and passion for us.

I am learning how to die to myself - my "rights" and be challenged in the area of working on my pride (pride meaning thinking higher or lower of yourself).

In learning more of who I am because of who God is, I have gained a sense of confidence and am starting to understand the value that I hold. Because of this I have been able to be more bold to go out of my way to love on the kids.

I have seen God develop in me a heart for intercession, a desire to pray for people in whatever situation or circumstance they are in. This is something so powerful that can be done anywhere in the world, no matter what our situation.

Now more than ever before I desire a more intimate relationship with Jesus to serve him with passion and fervor. To seek him out wholeheartidly.

It's hard to share what my experiences from the Amazon. Partly because it's something that I am still processing, and I'm sure I will continue to process for the rest of my life. As new situations arise, I will be able to have better insight as to what I learned. And at the same time, I will never really know all that took place. I know that God used us to speak to people with our actions in ways that we probably won't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment