Thursday, July 3, 2008

Journal Entery

Reading the beatitudes, I was able to see how God was teaching me them in a tangible way.

"Blessed are the poor in Spirit..."
-I am learning how to humble myself, swallow my pride, and be okay with not recieving recognition for my actions.
-broken from myself, humbled before the throne of my king is where I want to be
-I want to decrease so that He can increase in my life.

"Blessed are those who morn for they will be comforted"
-In being vulnerable before my team, my family here, they've been able to extend God's love to me
-In their hurt I've been able to be there for them and bring God's love to them. To truly empathize and cry with those who are crying.

I hunger and thirst for righteousness for the people of the amazon. I hate seeing the injustice of the lack of resources: accesibility to medical care, clean water, and the knowledge that they need to be able to continue with life in a healthy way.

I love showing love, and compassion to the kids who aren't shown that love to by their parents. To care for the overlooked, and love the unloved because they are beloved in God's eyes.

As each day passes new things come to the surface of my heart as I face different trials. Much like the impurities clumping on the surface of silver as it is being refined. God is wanting to create in me a pure heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment